BACA Open Mics
Our monthly cabaret open mic is a great way for singers to put themselves in front of a very supportive and fun crowd and gain the confidence they need to forge ahead in their singing careers, and to learn by watching other singers, both members and non-members of BACA. Our open mics include a host for each evening, and top piano accompanists from all over the Boston area.
Socializing and sign-up from 6:45-7:00. Open mic from 7:00 until 10:30.
Singers should prepare up to two songs with music charts in the correct key.
After June, we will no longer be offering mini-workshops before the open mic due to the large number of singers who are participating in the open mics. We are working on developing educational programs for our singers that allow us to explore the important topics the mini-workshops have covered in more depth than 15 minutes allows.
Upcoming Open Mics
- October 25, 2017 - Accompanist: Tom LaMark
- November 29, 2017 - Accompanist: Bobby Gadoury
- December 20, 2017 - Accompanist: Joe Reid
- January 24, 2018 - Accompanist: Joe Mulholland
- February 28, 2018 - Accompanist: Todd Gordon
- March 28, 2018 - Accompanist: Steve Heck
- April 25, 2018 - Accompanist: Tom LaMark
- May 23, 2018 - Accompanist: Bobby Gadoury
- June 27, 2018 - Accompanist: TBA
- July 25, 2018 - Accompanist: TBA
- August 22, 2018 - Accompanist: TBA
Where: The First Parish Universalist Unitarian Church, 35 Church St., Watertown
Our venue, The First Parish Church, 35 Church St., Watertown is located a few minutes off of the Mass Pike; or Rt. 16, off Mt. Auburn St. It is accessible by MBTA(#71 bus out of Harvard Square). The venue hall has concert acoustics and a Steinway B piano. The church is also accessible.
Plenty of FREE parking available in the bank lot adjacent to the church off Summer St. Additional free parking on Summer Street, plus a large municipal parking lot one block away between Church and Spring Streets behind the CVS and Stellina's restaurant.
$10.00 BACA Members / $13.00 non-members / $7.00 students and listeners
BACA Open Mic etiquette
- Please be courteous: Keep banter, or intro, succinct. Converse between not during performances.
- Please be prepared: Have sheet music in the correct arrangement and key in hand before you are called up to sing.
- Keep your instructions to the accompanist brief.
- Please be generous: Stay to listen to your fellow singers.